Passion 4 Fashion Africa is an annual event which brings together a wide range of talent in order to promote ethical fashion. Sallet Fashion House and partners Adam Group production, New York Fashion Designers Expo and CCWC Network Corps are bringing Passion 4 Fashion Africa to the catwalk in New York this September.
Sallet’s own fashion house brand Oheemaa, will also showcase its designs – along with other African designers who take the opportunity to show their wares via this international platform in the USA.
Based in Ghana, Sallet Fashion House has managed to gain support from a variety of government and NGOs, including Ministry of Trade and Industry (Ghana), Ministry of Tourism (Ghana) and Ghana Export Promotion Council among others.
As well as promoting African apparel, Passion 4 Fashion Africa will also put strong emphasis on the benefits of an ethical approach to fashion. Sallet Fashion House is inviting African Designers, both new and old, to sign up in order to experience this opportunity.
- 22nd July, 2015: Open show at the International Models & Talents Association Show (IMTA) platform in New York’s Hilton Hotel, Manhattan East. Giving exposure and media attention to the main shows in September
- 11th-15th September, 2015: Main Runway Show at the famous Studio 450 Manhattan, New York
- 22nd-25th September, 2015: Miami Runway and exhibitions, along with a seminar and booths for designers
Registration is absolutely free, see below for designer requirements
- A minimum of 2 years in fashion design
- Collection types
– Women’s wear
– Men’s wear
– Kids wear and accessories
- A minimum of 15 pieces in the collection
- Ability to deliver within 60 days when order has been made
- Contact details
– Name of designer
– Name of Brand
– Website Look book
For those who are really keen, we can suggest emailing Oheemaa@yahoo.com or calling +233 204 644 664 to speak with the Ghanaian office or 07917 063 208 for a UK representative.
We know that Africa Fashion readers love their social media, so we urge you to check out their Facebook pages:-
Lastly, you can also get tweeting with @Passion4FashionA and @oheemaagh.
It’s worth noting that while the event is free to register with, actually showing your collection using all of the available options could cost you up to $20,000 – including transport and accommodation.