Europe’s biggest vegan event will take place at the Olympia Exhibition Hall in London from 22nd to 23rd October. With so many people taking a serious look at what they eat, this is a perfect opportunity to find out all the latest information about veganism, to listen to inspiring speakers and – of course – to sample the best vegan food and drink available!
The organisers of Europe’s premier vegan events VegFestUK, has announced a great line-up of speakers and caterers to help celebrate diversity and multiculturalism at its upcoming London event. Stalls, demonstrations and experts will be packing out the West and Central Halls – on levels 1 and 3 this Saturday and Sunday.
Regular tickets, concessions and special offers are available online from VegFest here.
‘’Vegan events present an excellent opportunity for all cultures to unite in a celebration of healthy food, music, philosophy and lifestyle”, VegFest’s organisers told Africa Fashion. “This London event will do just that”.
“Not only can you try a huge range of vegan food from across the globe, but you can also access our Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference”, they explained. “It seeks to address problems of privilege, discrimination and oppression across the board. We are thrilled to have such a diverse and inspirational collection of speakers coming this autumn to London”. Those speakers include:-
- Black Vegans Rock founder Aph Ko
- Vegan Publishers staff writer Christopher-Sebastian McJetters
- Food justice activist Brenda Sanders (also founding member of Vegan SoulFest)
- Boxing & Kickboxing Champion Omowale Adewale (also author of “An Introduction to Veganism and Agricultural Globalism”)
- Collectively Free founder and executive director Raffaella Ciavatta
- Physician Doctor Tushar Mehta
- Activist and author Kim Socha (of Progress for Science and Minnesota Animal Liberation)
- Founder and director Lauren Ornelas of the Food Empowerment Project
This show will be bigger and better than ever before with an extra 4,000 sqm of space at Olympia London and an expected 12,000+ audience who will be treated to:-
- 250 stalls full of top-notch food, bodycare, cosmetics, fashion etc
- Loads of special discounts and free samples
- 15 specialist caterers with exceptional global cuisines
- A host of high-profile speakers from all over the world
- Vegan Athletes Summit on Saturday
- Pro-Intersectional Vegan Conference on Sunday
- Vegan Health Summit
- Vegan Activists Summit on Saturday
- Music on two stages
- Cookery Demos
- Living Raw Zone
- Teen Zone
- Mature Zone
- Kids activities
The opening hours are: 11am-6pm on Saturday and 10am-5pm on Sunday. Admission is by both advance tickets and payment on the gate. Advance tickets are £12 (standard), £8 (concessions). Tickets on the gate are £15 (standard), £10 (concessions).
Entry to the event is FREE for kids under 16s – encouraging youngsters to think about healthy food at an early age.
Please note that no animals are allowed on site, except assistance dogs. Visitors who use mobility scooters, wheelchairs, pushchairs and prams are advised to come early at 11am on Saturday and at 10am on Sunday to allow better access to stalls.